Right Click Block

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Frenchy's Back!


Ah.  Ahhhhhh.  All is right in the coffee world again.  It's been a long two weeks since the death of Frenchy the first.  Thank goodness that Frenchy II came so fast!

(Sometimes when you order stuff to an APO address overseas it takes awhile for it to get to you... our mail get shipped to NYC and then it comes over here to a distribution center in Germany and then it wiggles it's way to us.  So there are times we've waited up to six weeks for something from Amazon...)



So I decided to go with the 8-Cup Coffee Press version of my old press... I liked it a lot and if I hadn't thrown it on the floor I really think it would have lasted me forever!


It's the perfect size for me because I think if I filled it all the way to the top it would be three decent sized mugs to share with friends.  Maybe four.


And then if I fill it less it's the perfect cup for me :o)  If I let it cool down a bit and then pour it over ice in a fancy new stemless wine glass it is downright heavenly on a hot afternoon when I have to spend Double Trouble's naptime chopping veggies (see tomorrow's post on mason jar salads!).

Do you love coffee?  Have you tried french press?  It really is the best.  I didn't used to think I was a coffee snob but like I said before, I can't go back now.  Everyone says the reason french press tastes so good is because you have more control over the temperature and brew strength of the coffee... and you also get the flavor benefits of all the oils in the grounds that get lost in the filter of a traditional drip coffee maker.  If you haven't tried it, you should!

Come on over and we'll share a cup from Frenchy II!

6 comments:

  1. use it to do cold press coffee overnight...you'll never brew hot and pour over ice again (unless you're desperate!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW overnight? Really? That sounds like the strongest cuppa of my life ;o) but I think I'll try it soon!

      Delete
  2. I love this photo of you and frenchie v. 2.0! It speaks to my heart!!! I can feel the excitement, live and sheer joy leaping off the screen at me!! (: LOVE <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was just messing around but it ended up being my favorite pic in the "Jessica and Frenchy II photo shoot" ;o)

      Delete
  3. I had some french press with Alex a few weeks back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I'm jealous... just about four weeks till I get to have some french press with Alex too!

      Delete