Right Click Block

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Saga Continues: In Which I Try Desperately Hard Not to Get My Potty Training Hopes Up

So. So... I have a chronic problem of getting my hopes up way too soon in pretty much all areas. But if you've been reading for the past two years you know potty training has NOT gone according to said "me getting my hopes up."

I blame Lily.

And yes, I'm allowed to blame her. I earned that right when I gave birth to her and also when I got her pee on my hands for the 504,892nd time. (I will blame Sam, too, but mostly it's Lily, and here's why)

You see, Lily totally played me when she daytime trained BEFORE TWO YEARS OLD and in like two weeks! "This is so easy!" I thought. Psssssht.

Okay so now I know better. You can stop laughing at me. BUT. But...

Last night both my Potty Princesses woke up dry. In panties. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

Okay this is me reeling it in and reminding myself that because I'm risking a small blog post about this they'll probably both pee tonight but whatever, this is exciting! Lily was the one who finally asked to wear panties at night! And so we plunged ahead with both of them just to see how it'd go!

A HUGE difference now is that both of them wake up after wetting the bed. They are upset, they are grossed out. This may not sound like a good thing, but it is. Because last time we tried this cold turkey business Lily would get a rash on her whole body from sleeping through the accident until morning. So yes, I am hopeful that this is a good sign. 

I kind of feel like I'm cheating a little because I wake them up for a brief potty visit before I go to bed and then I decided to start setting my alarm for 4am to catch Sam... after she woke up wet pretty consistently for a few days in a row between 5-6:30am. But then I thought back to when I was daytime training them and I literally forced them to just TRY to sit on the potty about every half hour for the first few days till they got the hang of the routine. So I'm viewing this 4am thing like that. Just helping her get in the habit.

And it sure beats soggy pull-ups and/or extra loads of pee-pee laundry.

You know you're a mom when a) you talk about pee in public (hi, internet!) and b) you celebrate lack of pee. Three cheers for Double Trouble! I shall resist day-dreaming about throwing the rest of the pull-ups in the garbage and making plans for the potty-party!

It's not over till it's over! ;o)

1 comment:

  1. You can do it Jess- resist, resist, resist, "resist day-dreaming about throwing the rest of the pull-ups in the garbage"! that way disappointment isn't always knocking on the door and before you know it- they will be more and more successful and you'll be partying!
    xoxoxoxo
    m-i-l

    ReplyDelete